Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2021
CMS will be extending the phased-in participation of the Review Choice Demonstration for Home Health Agencies in Florida and North Carolina until 7/31/21.
- Providers may continue submitting pre-claim review requests.
- Claims that go through pre-claim review and are submitted with a valid UTN will be excluded from further medical review.
- Claims submitted without going through the pre-claim review process will process as normal and will not be subject to a 25% payment reduction. These claims may be subject to post payment review in the future through the normal medical review process.
For providers that have delayed sending patient records, it’s time to take the first step forward, which will give you an advantage! Corridor recommends clients use the continued extension to their advantage to get in front of the RCD process and prepare for the inevitable rollout.
The advantages of starting now include:
- Anticipation and stress will decrease
- Your agency will have a better understanding of how this demonstration can have a positive impact and provide the knowledge to build front-end processes so every patient record meets industry standards for reimbursement
- Your agency will begin seeing affirmations returned from charts submitted
Unsure where to begin or want to learn more about RCD? Corridor’s end-to-end RCD team is the preferred RCD partner. We have successfully helped multiple agencies achieve a 99% affirmation rate while under 100% pre-claim review and enabled them to switch to a 5% spot check where Corridor team is then assisting with ADR preparation and submission to eServices. Click here to get started!
For over 30 years, Corridor has partnered with home-based care providers, delivering powerful solutions to support the unique challenges of caring for patients in the home. Our team of operating executives, clinicians, and nationally renowned industry experts have run provider organizations and resolved the same challenges you face.
Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivers solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation, compliance, billing and education.
To receive the most important industry updates, insights and news impacting home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter.