Posted March 8, 2023
This is your invitation to join Polsinelli, and the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) for a legal update tailored for the Home-Based Care Industry (home health, home care, and hospice providers). During this presentation, we will cover recent government action extending the statute of limitations for investigating and prosecuting certain providers who participated in specific COVID related aid packages and the impact on the home care industry. These various aid packages include the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”), COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (“EIDL”), Provider Relief Funds Program (“PRF”) and the Employee Retention Credit Program (“ERC”). We will provide best practices for preparing for what will likely be a significant volume of government investigations aimed at those providers that leveraged COVID-related aid during the pandemic. Attendees will also receive a resource outlining the compliance steps your organization can take today to be adequately equipped for such an investigation in the future.
We will also provide a substantive overview of the latest federal legislative and regulatory developments impacting our industry, including but not limited to the latest developments regarding the Federal Trade Commission’s proposed ban on non-competes, the status of the NLRB’s proposed rule modifying the joint employment standard under the NLRA, and an overview of the DOL’s recent activity, including the status of the proposed change to the independent contractor standard and recent enforcement activity.
In addition, Polsinelli will discuss Biden’s statements in his most recent state of the union address regarding the need to protect low wage workers and how that initiative is manifesting itself within the industry, the monumental NLRB ruling banning non-disparagement provisions in separation and release agreements, and the recent California decision impacting the use of arbitration agreements with class action waivers.
- Recent government investigations related to pandemic relief programs such as PPP, EIDL, PRF, and ERTC and tips for preparing your agency to adequately defend against the same
- Discussion of the impact the FTC’s proposed ban on non-competes and the NLRB’s proposed rule modifying the joint employment standard will have on your business
- The DOL’s recent enforcement activity including the status of the proposed change to the independent contractor standard
- California’s recent decision on arbitration agreements
- Strategies home care companies can leverage to best protect their interests while running an efficient home-based care business
Click here to register.
For over 30 years, Corridor has partnered with home health and hospice providers, delivering powerful solutions to support the unique challenges of caring for patients in the home. Our team of operations executives, clinicians, and nationally renowned industry experts have run provider organizations and resolved the same challenges you face.
To receive the most important industry updates, insights and news impacting home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter.