Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:40 PM
It’s important for your agency to conduct mock surveys. When performing mock surveys, it’s recommended to perform 5 to 10 home visits.
Home visits can help determine where surveyors typically identify problems. When conducting mock surveys, it’s important to focus on the same things surveyors would, such as:
• Wound care
• Multi-disciplinary care
• Therapy-only care
• IV care
• Aide services
Agencies need to ensure they remain compliant at all times in case the next auditor walks through the door unexpectedly. Mock surveys are a great tool to prepare agencies to pass real surveys. However, fewer than half of agencies conduct mock surveys.
Mock surveys can be used to review current systems, procedures and processes that could potentially be at risk. Additionally, surveys reveal how employees will handle stressful circumstances.
The following steps need to be taken before you walk into your agency and conduct a mock survey:
• Review prior regulatory surveys that are conducted by the state, CMS or other accrediting bodies such as the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC), the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) and The Joint Commission
• If there are any deficiencies, make sure your agency’s plan of correction is still working
• Avoid repeat deficiencies since those can lead to daily monetary penalties
• Review your agency’s quality improvement (QI) program
• Make sure the person performing the mock survey actually understands the Home Health Conditions of Participation (CoPs)
Once preparations are finished, you’re ready to begin a mock survey by walking into your agency and doing the following:
• Review key lists
• View your agency’s administrative policy and procedure manuals and clinical procedure manual
• Examine the prior year’s QAPI plan
• Review clinical records prior to home visits
• Act like a surveyor would during home visits
• Review clinical records
• Conduct a walk-through of your agency
• Review HR files
Let Corridor’s Associates Help You!
Corridor’s team can assess your organization’s operations for potential weaknesses, utilizing an effective approach to prepare your organization for the survey process. We can conduct mock surveys for specific standards to identify any potential deficiencies prior to a surveyor arriving, and meet with your team to put an action plan in place. Contact a Corridor representative today!
For the full article, please see the December 21, 2015 Home Health Line Edition.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.