Posted on Monday, June 6, 2016 12:53 PM
The OASIS-C2/ICD-10 has several changes pursuant to the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act) with the following changes:
• Three new standardized items (M1028, M1060, GG0170c)
• Alterations and renumbering of select medication and integumentary items to regulate with other post-acute settings of care (M1311, M1313, M2001, M2003, and M2005)
• The look back period and item number was altered in five items (M1500, M1510, M2015, M2300 and M2400)
• Multiple check boxes with a single box for data entry where responses are mutually-exclusive
• Numbering for pressure ulcer staging from Roman to Arabic numerals
NAHC expressed their concerns for the following applications that the OASIS assessment has planned for home health agencies:
• Value based purchasing
• Star Ratings
• Quality measure reporting
• Minor changes to the OASIS will require additional training and could affect accuracy
• The requirements for cross setting measures and standardized assessment data could become very burdensome for agencies to administer
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.