POSTED ON MONDAY, July 27, 2020
The House of Representatives’ Appropriations Committee has approved $96 billion in discretionary federal spending for fiscal year 2021. Included in those funds are monies specifically designated to home community-based services, family care giving and respite.
The following are the funds for home care services:
- Home and Community Based Services: $400 million (up $10m from FY2020)
- Family Caregiver Supports: $193 million (up $8m)
- Respite Care: $10 million (up $4m)
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers: $8 million (up $2m)
- State Health Insurance Assistance Programs: $54 million (up $2m)
- Office of Medical Hearings and Appeals: $192 million (no change)
- State Survey and Certification: $400 million (up $10m)
Source: NAHC Report
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to at home care providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 31 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivers industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation, compliance, billing and education.
For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.