Posted September 26, 2022
Hospice Outcomes and Patient Evaluation (HOPE)
CMS and Abt continue with the final phase of testing (Beta testing) of the hospice assessment tool. Data collection is ongoing; once data collection is completed the test team will analyze the data and collect feedback from participating hospice teams to inform the final version of HOPE.
Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP)
Following is a list of the new resources that were identified:
- Version 1.01 of the HQRP QM User’s Manual and an HQRP QM User’s Manual V1.00 to V1.01 Change Table (available in the Downloads section of the Current Measurespage)
- Updated resources: Getting Started with HQRP CASPER QM Reports, Getting Started with Review and Correct Reports, and the 3rdEdition of the Public Reporting Tip Sheet (available on the Requirements and Best Practices page)
- Two information videos designed to help consumers understand the HQRP are now available on the CMS You Tube Channel:
- Home Health Value Based Purchasing (HHVBP)
- The Home Health Value Based Purchasing (HHVBP) program is scheduled to begin January 1, 2023. Resources for providers continue to be developed for guidance documents and frequently asked questions. More information can be found on the Expanded HHVBP website.
- On August 25, CMMI presented an overview of the performance feedback reports (interim and annual performance reports). Due to technical difficulties experienced by some of the registrants, an encore of the presentation is scheduled for October 11 from 2:00pm-3:00pm ET. A link to register for the webcast is located on the top of the Expanded HHVBP website. HHAs are encouraged to download the sample performance reports prior to listening to the presentation. Instructions on how to retrieve these reports can also be found on the Expanded HHVBP website.
- Home Health Quality Reporting (HHQRP)
- CMS officials reminded participants of the Care Compare October 2022 refresh. The reports will include only Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) based and Home Health Care Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HHCAHPS) measures, and none of the claims-based measures. The preview reports for the October refresh were made available in IQIES in July.
- Preview reports for the annual Quality Only Assessment metric will be available on October1, 2022 and include OASIS assessments completed between July 1,2021 and June 30, 2022.
- CMS conducted a virtual training session for the OASIS-E earlier this month. For more information, go to the CMS OASIS Training page.
- Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HHCAHPS)
- HHA’s HHCAHPS preview reports will be available September 22, 2022, for surveys collected from April 2021 through March 2022. To access your agency’s HHCAHPS Preview Report, log into the secure HHCAHPS portal on the website. Questions about the HHCAHPS survey reports should be directed to the HHCAHPS contractor at HHCAHPS@rti.orgor dial the toll-free number (866) 354-0985.
- On October 3, 2022, The HHCAHPs quarterly newsletter will be available and include information on the revised HHCAHPS survey cover letter.
For over 30 years, Corridor has partnered with home-based care providers, delivering powerful solutions to support the unique challenges of caring for patients in the home. Our team of operating executives, clinicians, and nationally renowned industry experts have run provider organizations and resolved the same challenges you face.
To receive the most important industry updates, insights and news impacting home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter.