Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:33 PM
With a new administration and Congress in in Washington, D.C., the home care and hospice community have new opportunities and challenges coming their way. Therefore, National Association of Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) is eager about their March on Washington and the Virtual Lobby Day later this month.
The March on Washington begins Monday, March 20 and continues through Tuesday, March 21, where NAHC members will meet on Capitol Hill to advocate for home care and hospice directly to lawmakers. To view the schedule, click here.
For NAHC members who are unable to attend the March on Washington are encouraged to join a Virtual Lobby Day on March 21, 2017. All participants need to email, call or fax their members of Congress on behalf of home care and hospice.
NAHC has prepared a Virtual Lobby Day page to provide background on the critical issues and provide a shortcut for contacting your representatives in Congress.
The Virtual Lobby Day page will help everyone understand the issues and what Washington needs to do about them.
The following issues have been identified for advocacy:
• Request the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to postpone implementation of the home health conditions of participation (COPs)
• Support the Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act
• Extend the Medicare home health rural add-on
• Put a halt to pre-claim review before it starts in Florida and the rest of the country
• Maintain stability in the Medicare Hospice Benefit and reject further cuts or the imposition of copays or deductibles on Medicare hospice services
• Oppose changes to the Companionship Services Exemption
• Repeal or revise the face-to-face physician encounter requirement
Please go to the Virtual Lobby Day page and click on the ADD YOUR VOICE button below each issue.
For those who will be attending the March on Washington in person, NAHC wants to remind everyone to download a copy of the March on Washington Toolkit.
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.