NAHC’s FM 2016 Session Highlights: VBP Payment Models Are Here, Now What? (Part 2)
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:59 PM
NAHC’s 2016 Financial Management Conference held a session titled, “Value-Based Purchasing Payment Models Are Here, Now What?” This is Part 2 of NAHC’s coverage of this session. To view Part 1, click here.
The panelists provided the following recommendations during this session:
• Data accuracy is a major factor in performance improvement
• Performance is best achieved by creating dashboards and benchmarking
• It is important to determine the target audience with benchmarking
• Agencies should determine a reporting format and schedule
• In benchmarking, agencies should select the most appropriate item for their goals with performance targets
The panelists stressed the following points about monitoring and managing performance:
• Strive to positively influence outcomes by staying ahead–monitor in “real time” and embrace action plans
• Determine the staff responsible for specific outcomes
During this session, agency leaders were encouraged to take action in recognizing the measures of maximum financial impact and opportunity, and to determine which technology systems are most successful for data management.
To view the slides from the session, click here.
For the full article, click here.
Corridor is the nation’s preferred partner and trusted business advisor to home health and hospice providers, providing quality services and impactful results for 30 years. Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivering industry-unique solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation review, compliance, billing and collections , consulting and provider staff education . At Corridor, we make the business of caring for people Better! For the most important industry updates and news that impacts home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the latest up-to-date industry information direct to your inbox!
For additional information, please contact Corridor at 1-866-263-3795.