Posted Sunday, November 14, 2021
In the Final Rule for CY 2022, there were major provisions for new quality rules for hospice payments. A new rule, Hospice Care Index (HCI) created a new collection of measures in the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) containing ten quality indicators that are calculated using claims data. The data represent various aspects of hospice care designed to illustrate care processes that occur between the patient’s admission and discharge.
The 10 HCI measures include:
- Continuous Home Care (CHC) or General Inpatient (GIP) Provided
- Gaps in Skilled Nursing Visits
- Early Live Discharges
- Late Live Discharges
- Burdensome Transitions (Type 1) – Live Discharges from Hospice Followed by Hospitalization and Subsequent Hospice Readmission
- Burdensome Transitions (Type 2) – Live Discharges from Hospice Followed by Hospitalization with the Patient Dying in the Hospital
- Per-beneficiary Medicare Spending
- Skilled Nursing Care Minutes per Routine Home Care (RHC) Day
- Skilled Nursing Minutes on Weekends
- Visits Near Death
Click here for the full article.
For over 30 years, Corridor has partnered with home-based care providers, delivering powerful solutions to support the unique challenges of caring for patients in the home. Our team of operating executives, clinicians, and nationally renowned industry experts have run provider organizations and resolved the same challenges you face.
Focusing on key operational, regulatory and financial challenges, Corridor delivers solutions and deep expertise in coding, clinical documentation, compliance, billing and education.
To receive the most important industry updates, insights and news impacting home health and hospice, please make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter.